The Quotations module is used to estimate the selling price of a component, assembly or product assembled from a BOM (Bill of Materials). The selling price is based on the cost of the production process, materials, tooling and any sub-contract work.
A quote provides the basis for a Process Layout/Route Card without the information being re-entered. The Process Layout can be given more detail if the quotation is successful and together become a master record that can be used and reused as often as required.
Process costs are calculated based on a choice of hourly rates with estimated set times, cycle times and process efficiencies. Material requirements can be calculated based on component dimensions.
Depending on the requirements of your business, quotations can be produced without providing engineering details. The sales price that is offered can be manually controlled with details added later.
A sales pipeline can be produced to provide a forecast for quotations that you believe will be successful.
- Fast and accurate response to customer enquiry
- Easily quote multiple batch sizes
- Manages different process routings, if required
- System generated quotation letters produced in seconds
- Complete searchable history of all quotations
- Consistent ISO 9000 conformity starts here