Status Boards and Charts are a custom feature that can be added to any PSL Datatrack production control software system. They are designed to a customer’s specification and can provide instant, up-to-date information to one or more departments of a business. Adding Status Boards and Charts to any PSL Datatrack system can enable distribution of dynamic data to improve communication throughout the factory.
Uses for PSL Datatrack Status Boards and Charts are:
• Actual sales versus projections and targets
• Alerts for Works Orders that have overrun
• All jobs requiring work in a given timeframe (for example, daily, weekly or monthly)
• Component Stocks – items that have dropped below minimum quantity and need to be replenished
• Customers that are awaiting review
• Deliveries due out in a given timeframe (for example, daily, weekly or monthly)
• Goods due in a given timeframe, including material and subcontracted parts (for example, daily, weekly or monthly)
• Material Stocks – items that have dropped below minimum quantity and need to be replenished
• Suppliers that are awaiting review
• The current shop floor work-to-list
The above examples are just some of the popular uses of Datatrack Status Boards and Charts but they can easily be constructed to show any information based on the data in a user’s live production control software system. All boards are bespoke to fit like a glove, preventing information overload and showing the user only what they need or want to see.
Many highly configurable options are available to provide real-time information to many different parts of a business, for many different purposes. The dynamic boards auto-update without any user intervention and can be shown one board/chart per screen or as multiple boards/charts on a single screen.
Management can be presented with live production information in the boardroom, to provide detailed information on numerous Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which is crucial in a time where providing the best possible customer service whilst keeping tight control of costs is critical to any business.
Utilised correctly, Status Boards and Charts can contribute to improved productivity and efficiency of shop floor operators. As the Managing Director of one company utilising PSL Datatrack Status Boards says: “Status Boards’ improved employee awareness and resulted in an improved overall performance. Now everyone is operating more effectively.”
Status Boards and Charts are a long-standing feature of Datatrack but were further enhanced in 2018. The graphics and colours of the boards and charts have been improved to give a bolder and brighter presentation, making even more impact on the shop floor and in other desired areas of a factory. Various users have implemented a ‘Traffic Light’ colour coding system which makes the data shown on the boards/charts simple and easy for all staff to interpret at a glance.
As always with PSL Datatrack, one size does not fit all. If you are interested in adding Status Boards or Charts or are looking for a production control system and are unsure of your requirements then please do not hesitate to contact us. Many organisations that have done so are already benefitting from the control and functionality that they offer.